Reservations: St. Johns River Base at Echockotee
The following services are offered FREE OF CHARGE to partner units of the North Florida Council. Partner units host a Family Friends of Scouting presentation & participate in both the spring camp card sale and fall product sale.
- FREE campsite reservations
- FREE use of shelters, pavilions, buildings, campfire rings and program areas
- FREE use of aquatics center and pools
- FREE use of COPE & climbing towers
- FREE use of canoes, kayaks & paddleboards
If your unit qualified as a partner unit for 2023, your unit leader and committee chair received an email confirming your unit's Partner status.
Located in Orange Park, FL along the shores of Doctor's Lake the St Johns River Base is home to the North Florida Council's Aquatics Camp in addition to many other programs offered throughout the year.
Founded in the early 1920's the River Base has 8 large campsites, a dining hall, meeting rooms, plus many pavilions and program areas to fit your Scouting needs.
Other Features include:
- Shooting Sports geared to help Cub Scouts and adults learn about safe Archery and BB gun activities.
- A climbing wall for Webelos, Scouts BSA, and Venturers.
- A swimming pool
- A beautiful river with great opportunities for sailboating, motor boats, canoeing, kayaking, and much more!
St Johns River Base is open for individual and troop camping from September through April every year. Aquatics Camp opens May through August.
No reservations can be made May through Labor Day
2513 Doctor's Lake Dr.
Orange Park, FL 32073