Reservations: St. Johns River Base at Echockotee
St. Johns River Base is closed until further notice.
Sadly, the damage at the River Base is substantial. Over 56 trees have fallen, the storm surge has destroyed the docks, there is no power and excessive debris is scattered about the camp.
For those who would like to help with the clean-up effort please call the River Base Ranger Frank Geer at 904-250-9981
We could really use some heavy equipment at the River Base:
- Mini Excavator with a thumb
- 40 yard dumpster
- Heavy duty chainsaws with extra chains, gas and bar oil
- Log splitting machine
North Florida Council has two camps for Scouts to camp out and enjoy lots of exciting activities!
Located in Orange Park, FL along the shores of Doctor's Lake the St Johns River Base is home to the North Florida Council's Aquatics Camp in addition to many other programs offered throughout the year.
Founded in the early 1920's the River Base has 8 large campsites, a dining hall, meeting rooms, plus many pavilions and program areas to fit your Scouting needs.
Other Features include:
- Shooting Sports geared to help Cub Scouts and adults learn about safe Archery and BB gun activities.
- A climbing wall for Webelos, Boy Scouts, and Venturers.
- A swimming pool
- A beautiful river with great opportunities for sailboating, motor boats, canoeing, kayaking, and much more!
St Johns River Base is open from September through April every year. Aquatics Camp opens May through August.