Gilwell Society Adult Leader Trainings
Due to Hurricane Irma and extensive damage to the St Johns River Base, this event has been rescheduled to October 27-29, 2017
Adult Leader Training's Presented by the North Florida Council Gilwell Society
WHO SHOULD ATTEND: A MUST for all NEW Cub Scout Leaders, Asst. Cub Leaders, Scoutmasters, Asst. Scoutmasters, Venturing Crew Advisors, Associate Advisors, Unit Committee Members and those experienced leaders that have not received any training in the past year.
WHAT WILL BE COVERED:
- Cub Scout Leader Position-Specifics (Den Leader to Cubmaster)
- Scoutmaster Position-Specifics,
- Venturing Advisor Position-Specifics,
- Pack, Troop, & Crew Committee Challenge
- Basic Adult Leader Outdoor Orientation (BALOO)*
- Outdoor Skills for Webelos Leaders (OWL)*
- Introduction to Outdoor Leader Skills (IOLS)*
- Trainer's Edge
*Spots limited to 50 participants.
HOW LONG: Course lengths vary. Check-In opens Friday at 5:30pm
PREREQUISITES: Youth Protection or Venturing Youth Protection, Fast Start Orientation, This is Scouting and Hazardous Weather trainings should be completed prior to attending any of these courses. All of these courses can be taken online in the E-Learning section at www.my.scouting.org (*You will need your BSA Membership ID to create an account and have your training credited to you.)
REQUIREMENTS: Come prepared with your position handbook and Leader Book, pen/pencil and paper/pad for taking notes, water bottle, coffee cup or mug, and camping equipment.
Questions? Email email@example.com