Friends of Scouting
What is Friends of Scouting (FOS)?
Scouting provides life lessons for today’s youth to help them reach their full potential. Your gifts of time, talent and treasure are needed and appreciated.
There are many Scouting costs above and beyond that which your family provides to support your Scout and unit including:
- Materials and resources for the training of all adult volunteers
- Accident and liability insurance for all registered members
- Operations of the Council Service Center and Scout Shop
- Maintenance, utilities and insurance costs to operate Camp Shands and the St. Johns River Base at Echockotee
- Direct customer service personnel including Field, Support and Camp Staff
- Scholarships for families in need to cover the cost of membership, uniforms, books and activities. The North Florida Council spends more than $85,000 annually in direct assistance to Scouts and leaders.
Your gift to Scouting also keeps down the cost of local events and activities, such as, Cub Family Campouts, Cub Scout Summer Camp and Boy Scout Camporees.