Exploring is a career education program for young men and women ages 14-20. Local community organizations initiate an Exploring Post by matching their people and program resources to the interests of young people in the community. This results in hands-on activities that help youth pursue their interests, grow and develop.
- Career Opportunities - Develop potential contacts that may broaden employment options and boost self-confidence and experience success at school and work
- Life Skills - Build physical and mental fitness and experience positive social interaction
- Leadership Experience - Acquire leadership skills to fulfill one's responsibilities in society
- Citizenship - Encourage the skill and desire to help others, gain a keen respect for the basic rights of others.
- Character Education - Help make ethical choices, fulfill one's responsibility to society.
How do I start an Exploring Program at my organization?
Exploring programs are called 'Posts'. To begin a post at your company or organization simply contact us today. It's a simple process and the benefits are incredible.
How does Exploring help me with college?
Exploring can help students planning on attending college clearly identify a path for achieving their degree with a specific emphasis. The exposure to career advice, paths, and insight from professionals who have already achieved success affords the students a clearly outlined guide to their own success. With the soaring costs of a higher education, the faster a student can excel, the better.
Can I attend more than one program at a time during a week/month?
Yes! The best and brightest Explorers take advantage of nearly every one of our programs, sometimes going to a different program each day of the week! Remember, even if you think you know what you want to be, it can't hurt to learn about other possibilities as this will broaden your knowledge base an inevitably aid your success!
Can I bring a friend who does not attend the same high school as me?
Yes! As long as your friend is enrolled in a North Florida high school or academic program and is between the ages of 14 and 20 he/she can attend with you. Remember though, all attendees to our programs must be registered Explorers! That means you have to fill out an application and pay the registration fee, unless your school or partner organization covers this cost.